Preventative dentistry services at Gateway Oral Health Center
Preventive dental care is dental care that helps to prevent or treat problems with the teeth and gums before they become more serious. It can include regular check-ups, cleanings, and at-home care such as brushing and flossing. Preventive dental care is important for keeping the mouth healthy and can help avoid more concerning and expensive problems later.
What are some preventative dental care solutions available at Gateway Oral Health Center?
Dr. Bryce Eagar and his team provide the following preventive dental care services for patients in and around the Washington County area:
- Dental examinations. Dental exams play an important role in preventive dental care. They allow our team to check for any teeth or gum problems and provide treatment if necessary.
- Dental x-rays. Dental x-rays can help to detect problems that may not be visible during a physical examination. They are an essential part of preventive dental care and are often used in conjunction with other diagnostic tools.
- Teeth cleanings. Professional cleanings are another vital part of preventive dental care. They remove plaque and tartar from the teeth and can help to prevent gum disease.Getting your teeth polished during professional cleanings helps eliminate stains and plagues on the teeth, giving your smile a cleaner appearance.
- Dental sealants. Sealants are plastic coatings applied to the chewing surfaces of the back teeth. They help prevent dental caries, or tooth decay, by keeping bacteria and food particles from getting trapped in the grooves of the teeth.
- Oral cancer screenings. Oral cancer screenings are important for detecting cancerous and precancerous lesions in the mouth. They often involve a visual examination of the mouth and biopsies of any areas of concern.
Learn more about preventative dentistry available in the St. George, UT area
If you live in the St. George, UT area and want to speak to Dr. Bryce Eagar and the team at Gateway Oral Health Center about the benefits of preventative care, call (435) 656-0255 to request an appointment at our office, conveniently located at 720 South River Road, Suite B-210.