Straighten teeth quickly and easily with clear teeth aligners
Using clear aligners to realign the teeth can be a great alternative to metal braces. The process is simple and effective and can be done without needing an orthodontist. In fact, Dr. Bryce Eager of Gateway Oral Health Center of St. George, Utah, can assist. This guide will educate you on the process used to obtain clear aligners to realign your teeth.
What are the steps in obtaining clear aligners and using them to improve the smile?
- Schedule a consultation with your dentist to see if you are a candidate for treatment with clear aligners. During this consultation, Dr. Eager will take x-rays and impressions of your teeth to create a customized treatment plan.
- Once you have been considered a good candidate for treatment, you undergo a series of impressions that are done digitally on our advanced computer system. This ensures precision fit in all of the aligners obtained. It takes a week or two for the dental laboratory to create your final aligners and send them to our practice.
- When you return, you will be given a set of clear aligners that you will need to wear for up to 22 hours each day. You wear each aligner for two weeks before using the next tray in the series to continue.
- As you go through the treatment plan, your teeth gradually shift into their new, straighter positions. You need to visit the dentist every 6-8 weeks so that they can monitor the progress and make necessary adjustments to your aligners.
- Once treatment with clear aligners is completed, you will be given a retainer to wear at night to maintain your new smile. Congratulations on taking the first step towards achieving straighter teeth!
Learn more about clear aligners
If you are told that orthodontic treatment is needed to straighten your teeth, you no longer have to undergo metal bracket-and-wire braces to achieve the desired results! If you are ready and interested in clear braces or aligner treatment, call the office of Gateway Oral Health Center at (435) 656-0255. Our practice is conveniently located at 720 South River Road, Suite B-210, and serves patients in and around the community of Washington County, including the cities of Kanab, Ivins, Santa Clara, and Washington City, UT.